Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Addiction.

It is a word that first brings unhappy thoughts to mind.

Drug addictions.

Alcoholism.

Diseases that can steal promising lives and futures. 

Ruined chances.

Missed opportunities.

Truth is we are all a little bit addicted to something but our rational mind is able to keep it in check.

I like to eat a little too much.  Another person I know likes to play online games too much.  These are little addictions that we can control.

Recently I decided I wanted to lose weight so I started a healthier eating plan.  It was hard the first day but by the 2nd I felt like I had gained control over my life.

My mind was more alert and I felt a new level of zest for life.

It makes me wonder...

What if we gave up a little bit of the time we give to our addictions and give it to God?

What if you read scripture each day?

What is you spent a few more minutes praying?

Galations 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

As you give up a little bit of your natural, addictive state you become more of what God wants you to be.

You don't let your earthly hungers control you.  Instead you look toward God and ask him for direction in your life.

You fully give up your own will and say, "Thy will be done."

By doing this you are opening your life to the amazing blessings her has for you. Invite him in and he will guide you.  Your happiness will be deeper and you will gain a God like perspective.

How do I know?

Since I've gained control of my small addictions I can tell you God has lifted me up.  I've felt a new found peace and calmness.  I promise you that if you decide to become addicted to God and his words you'll be able to conquer bad habits.  Your life will be filled with undying love and beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment