Friday, September 27, 2013

God sees your worth! Why don't you?

Recently I ran into an old friend.  She's a great outgoing girl with a great personality.  The kind of friend you would love to take on a road trip if time allowed.

She told me about how she met a man recently and how she hoped he might be someone she could join in a relationship with.  I hoped that for her too. 

You see after a few bad break ups it seemed to me that my good friend had lost her self confidence.  Instead of feeling that she was worth a good relationship she has started to display behaviors that make me wonder how much she thinks she's really worth.

But she's worth so much!  She's a kind, giving person who shares her gifts with the world.  The kind of person who brightens another persons day by smiling them at the store.

How many people do you know who don't know their worth?

In the world today there are many, but God sees each persons worth.  We are all the same to God, rich or poor, educated or not.  We are all the same in the sight of God.  He loves us and wants us all to achieve the amazing things that we deserve.

John 31:24 If I have made gold my hope, or have said to the fine gold, Thou art my confidence.

Don't you think that God sees us as gold? 

We may fall to the ways of the world, we may falter and make bad decisions.  We may be at the mercy of others who treat us incorrectly.  But we can overcome these trials.

We can pray to God and ask him for strength and for kindness to love others.  People need to decide to live Christ-like lives no matter what the opposition is.  If you make this decision to follow God and not deviate from that you will feel a new kind of confidence to carry out tasks.  You will also feel confidence in the love that God has for you.

I pray for my good friend that she will know how God sees her and someday with his help she will find the relationship that she has always dreamed of.

No comments:

Post a Comment