Thursday, September 12, 2013

I thank God for the rain...

I was going to blog about sharing your message of God today but in the middle of my writing we got a freak rainstorm.

Instead of shutting the window and staying inside I opened my screen door and let my 15 month old look outside and see the rain coming down in sheets.  It was a passing cloud and I could see clear skies coming my way.

For a second I realized how grateful I am to God for the rain. 

Everything from God has a purpose and reason.  Rain is his nutrition to make things grow.  What a gift that it!

Thunder is his warning sound.

Genesis 41:56 And the famine was over all the face of the earth: And Joseph opened all the storehouses, and sold until the Egyptians; and the famine waxed sore in the land of Egypt.

As with the story of Joseph God gave fair warning that there would be seven years of plenty and seven years of famine.  He taught his people to store food for the times of famine.  He warned them, he didn't let them suffer alone.

Joseph listened to God and was able to take care of many people because he did.  Imagine how excited them people were when they finally saw the rain.

Today I'm grateful for the small things from God: rain, a few more days of sunshine, a sturdy home.

What small things are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment